Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cherry pie

I love when the Cherries are in season, my family will always ask for a Cherry Pie.
It is one of the easiest pies that I make and I only make it once a year. I'm so happy that I can find Organic Cherries

You can use your favorite pie crust recipe or just buy one.
All you need is:
5 cups of pitted fresh cherries (2 1/2 lbs.)
3/4 cups of sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon strained fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

Preheat the oven to 425 deg.
Combine all ingredients and let stand for 15 minutes.

Pour the mixture into the bottom crust and dot with 2 to 3 tablespoons
unsalted butter cut into small pieces.
Brush the overhanging edge of the bottom crust with cold water.
Cover with the lattice top, then seal the edge, trim, and crimp.
I always put foil around the edges of the pie -that way it doesn't brown to quick 
Bake the pie for 30 minutes at 425 deg. then slip a baking sheet beneath it, and reduce the oven temperature to 350 deg. and bake until thick juices bubble through the vents, 25 to 35 minutes more.
Let cool on rack for several hours. Store at room temperature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment